Saturday, January 10, 2009

When Steve first told me that he got the job and that we were moving...I bawled...I was obviously not too excited about moving back to the Magic Valley area. I think I liked living in Idaho Falls because it was a new place and I was also close to school and hoping to finish within the year. I knew in my heart that we were going to where we needed to go but I still wasn't thrilled.
Fast forward two years and my attitude has totally changed. I have come to love this little town, our very old house, the abundance of fruit and gardening, being close to my family, and creating new friendships. We have had many blessings since we have moved here and I think sometimes I overlook them and tend to want more. I hate admitting that but I know it is true. My sister in law sent me an e-mail dealing with this issue. It was about a reunion of people who went to college together. They were all complaining to each other about their jobs, houses, relationships, etc. They went to see an old professor who offered them hot chocolate. Before he poured the hot chocolate he laid out an array of mugs. Some porcelain, crystal, and plain ones. When everyone chose one he said, " notice that all the nice looking, expensive cups were taken, leaving behind the plain and cheep ones. The cup that you are drinking from adds nothing to the quality of the hot chocolate. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink."
"Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the hot chocolate God has provided for us."
This little e-mail really made me stop, slow down, and think of everything that I have. Last night I went out with a bunch of girlfriends and had a blast. Who knew that our little town would have so many young couples all with one or two kids! I' am very grateful for the friends I have and also for the many friends Lucas has. I know if he were to grow up here that he would have good friends, which I think is very important. Most of all I love my best friend, Steve. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I would be.
Wow, I' am feeling a little emotional today:) It must be those pregnancy hormones kicking in or something:) Hope everyone has a good day.

7 comments:

The Oatmeal girl said...

Jaime,
You are just too cute! I still wish you lived back in IF, but that's just me. ;) I bet your having a girl, I could never stop crying while I was prego with Brynlee. I hope so...they are too fun, but either way he/she will definitely be a cutie. I still need to call you, we'll try tomorrow, sundays are always pretty calm!

Leavitt Family said...

The best part of living in the Magic Valley is being closer to your sister! O.k. the friends are good too!(JK) We really are the ones that are blessed to have you closer!

Natalie♥ said...

That was so nice, thanks for sharing that with us. I would love to live in a smaller town that only had a few people, I think it would make things easier and more simple in our lives.

Christina said...

Wow- I really needed to hear that today! Thanks! It's so true. I'm in that same boat with you. I have SOOOO much, yet I feel ripped-off sometimes, which is totally ungrateful of me! I will try harder to focus on the hot chocolate (and marshmallows and peppermint stick) the Lord has blessed me with!

Unknown said...

Love it! I was way more emotional with Jenna too! Maybe you are going to have a girl. It was nice to be reminded of loving what we have! It is just too easy to forget sometimes.

Evynn said...

You're such a cuttie! I'm glad Steve took the job too. You guys are awesome friends.-p.s. I hope the ultra sound goes well for you this week. If you "acidently" find out what you're having, you'd better tell me!

Yearsley couple said...

hey ya, I am glad you moved here too! I don't know what life would be like with out you. I rather not know. Love ya tons Kat